martes, 13 de marzo de 2018

WEEK 4: WHO WE ARE


  • Find out at least 5 more expressions with body parts, and write their meaning.
From: https://www.englishclub.com/vocabulary/idioms-body.htm 
stick your neck outhelp someone a lot, with possible bad consequences for oneselfstuck my neck out for Bessie when she was thrown out of her house.
get something off one's chesttell someone your problemsThanks for listening to me complain about my boss. I just needed to get this off my chest.
let one's hair downrelax, have funGo to the cottage and let your hair down this weekend.
neck of the woodsnearby location or regionI heard that they might be opening a post office in ourneck of the woods soon.
play something by eardo something without a planWe don't know if the weather will be good enough for camping. We'll have to play it by ear.
rule of thumbbasic rule (not always followed)The rule of thumb is that the students wear black pants and white shirts.
  • Browse the Net for websites where inversions are explained. provide their links.
I have found this video on Youtube where the inversion is well explained. 


Other websites I also found useful are:

  • Tell us what you've done this week to improve your English.
This week I have watched the documentary "India´s Ladycops".  It deals with women´s police stations who are combating domestic abuse and sexual violence in India. I also read some articles published by the BBC newspaper. 
This is the documentary´s link.

Nassira Dahmani

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario