sábado, 28 de octubre de 2017

Dream jobs


When we choose to study a degree, we expect to get a job related to that degree. In my case, as I am studying English philology, I would like to work as a translator or interpreter. More specifically, a job associated with legal or institutional translation. However, I do not have anything against teaching but I do not see myself as a teacher. My worst job would be working as a supermarket cashier or as cleaning woman.






  
I asked my mum about my grandparents and she told me that their working conditions were too bad. My grandfather, was a Shepherd, he used to work for other people. he used to wake up in the early morning to go graze and he returned home in the late afternoon. He did not receive to much money for that job so he worked also at home. As my mum's family lived in a countryside, they had animals; a cow, turkeys and chickens so that they could obtain their resources. As you might deduce, their living conditions were not good, however, they, my grandparents, managed to raise my mom so that she could give birth to an amazing girl, me. Regarding to my grandmother, she used to take care of the animals. There advantage of the job my grandfather had is that at least he had a job and the disadvantages are that he was always struggling, he couldn't send my aunts and uncles to school because they hadn't enough money and they lived in the countryside. Therefore, my uncles had to emigrate so that they could find a proper job, settle down and raise  family. 








Finally, this week I have done a couple of things to improve my English. I have read a c1 level book and a couple of poems, I have also watched a film named "life is sweet".





Sara Bahadi

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario